Bacolod Tay Tung High School Inc. (BTTHS), in compliance with the Republic Act 10173 or the Data Privacy Act of 2012 (DPA) and full cooperation with the National Privacy Commission (NPC), regard your privacy with utmost importance. BTTHS commits to ensuring your privacy.
This form will collect the data subject’s personal information, including sensitive personal information and privileged information.
Section 1. Collection of Information
BTTHS will collect your personal information that includes those you provide us during your application for admission, the information we acquire or generate upon enrolment, and during your stay with us.
1.1 Admission Information
Upon application for admission, BTTHS will collect sensitive personal information of the data subject such as – but not limited to – name, age, marital status, religion, citizenship, email address, contact details, family history, previous schools attended, academic performance, disciplinary record, medical record, etc.
1.2. Enrolment Information
Upon enrollment and during your stay with us, BTTHS will collect information on your academic undertakings, scholastic performance, attendance record, medical record, and other relevant data needed to carry out the academic goal of the College.
We will also collect information for and concerning co-curricular matters, such as outreach activities and extracurricular activities, such as membership in student organizations, leadership positions, and participation and attendance in seminars, competitions, and programs.
We will also collect information connected with any disciplinary incident, including accompanying sanctions that the data subject may be involved in.
Section 2. Use and Access of Information
The data subject’s personal information will be accessed and used by BTTHS, such as but not limited to the Office of the Principal, Department Heads, Student Development Officer, Guidance Office, and the Office of the Registrar (OTR) personnel. They have a legitimate interest in it for carrying out their mandated duties.
BTTHS will access and use your personal information as permitted or required by law to pursue our legitimate interests as an educational institution, including various academic and administrative purposes.
Personal information may be used to pursue legitimate interests as an educational institution such as but not limited to:
- Evaluating applications for admission
- Psychological Tests
- Processing confirmation of incoming students and transfer students in preparation for enrollment
- Recording, generating, and maintaining student records of academic, co-curricular, and extracurricular progress
- Establishing and maintaining student information systems (School Management System & Learning Management System)
- Sharing of grades between and among faculty members and others with a legitimate official need for academic deliberations
- Processing scholarship applications, grants, and other forms of assistance
- Investigating incidents that relate to student behavior and implementing disciplinary measures
- Providing services such as health, counseling, information technology, library, sports/recreation, transportation, safety, and security
- Managing and controlling access to campus facilities and equipment
- Communicating official school announcements
- Sharing marketing and promotional materials regarding school-related functions, events, projects, and activities
- Soliciting your participation in research and non-commercial surveys
- Compiling and generating reports for statistical and research purposes
- Maintaining directories and alumni records
Due to the sensitive and confidential nature of the personal information under the custody of BTTHS, only the client and its authorized representative shall be allowed to access such personal data, for any purpose, except for those contrary to law, public policy, public order, or morals.
Section 3. Disclosure and Sharing of Information
Personal information of the data subject may be disclosed or shared with others in the following circumstances:
- Posting of class lists and class schedules in school bulletin boards or other places within the campus
- Publishing academic, co-curricular, and extracurricular achievements and success, including honors lists and names of awardees in school bulletin boards, website, social media sites, and publications
- Distributing the list of graduates and awardees during commencement exercises
- Sharing of information to persons, including parents, guardians, or next of kin, as required by law or on a need-to-know basis as determined by the school to promote your best interests, or protect your health, safety, and security, or that of others
- Providing academic institutions, companies, government agencies, private or public corporations, or the like, upon their request, with scholastic ranking information or certification of good moral character for purposes of admission
- Sharing information to potential donors, funders, or benefactors for purposes of scholarship, grants, and other forms of assistance
- Sharing information for accreditation and university ranking purposes
- Responding to inquiries verifying that you are a bona fide student or graduate of the school
- Conducting research or surveys for purposes of institutional development
- Sharing your directory information with the schools’ alumni association
- Sharing your academic accomplishments or honors and co-curricular or extracurricular achievements with schools you graduated from or was previously enrolled in upon their request
- Marketing or advertising to promote the school, including its activities and events, through photos, videos, brochures, website posting, newspaper advertisements, physical and electronic bulletin boards, and other media
- Publishing communications with journalistic content, such as news information in BTTHS’s publications, social media sites, and news and media organizations
- Employment referrals
- Reporting and disclosing information to the NPC and other government bodies or agencies such as Department of Education
Section 4. Storage, Retention, and Destruction of Information
BTTHS will ensure that personal information under its custody are protected against any accidental or unlawful destruction, alteration, and disclosure as well as against any other unlawful processing.
BTTHS will implement appropriate security measures in storing collected personal information, depending on the nature of the information. All temporary personal information gathered shall not be retained for a period longer than five (5) years. After five (5) years, all hard and soft copies of temporary personal information shall be disposed of and destroyed through secured means.
Section 5. Data Protection
BTTHS shall implement reasonable and appropriate organizational, physical, and technical security measures to protect the collected personal information. The security measures shall aim to maintain the availability, integrity, and confidentiality of personal data and are intended for the protection of personal data against any accidental or unlawful destruction, alteration, and disclosure, as well as against any other illegal processing
BTTHS only permits your data to be accessed or processed by our authorized personnel who hold such information under strict confidentiality. We restrict access to information to just anyone who likes to know/obtain such information without justifiable ground.
Any data security incident or breach that comes to the knowledge of BTTHS will be recorded and reported as required by law. BTTHS will take all necessary and reasonable steps to address such an incident or breach and mitigate any adverse effect of such an incident or breach. If there is a strong suspicion that an incident affects your personal information, BTTHS will notify you of such an incident appropriately.
Section 6. Confidentiality
After completing your academic program at BTTHS and already an alumnus, your personal information remains private/confidential.
Our employees shall operate and hold personal data under strict confidentiality. They are required to sign non-disclosure agreements and have received training on the company’s privacy and security policies to ensure personal data confidentiality and security.
Section 7. Right to Privacy
As provided by the Act, you may object to your personal data processing, request to access your personal information and have it corrected, erased, or blocked on reasonable grounds. For the details of your rights as a data subject, you can get in touch with our Data Privacy Officer at contact details below or at National Privacy Commission at https://privacy.gov.ph/.
Suppose you have further questions or concerns regarding your privacy rights, this Consent Form, or any matter regarding the Data Privacy Act of 2012. In that case, you may contact our Data Protection Officer through the following details:
Tel. No.: (034) 433 0782
Email Address: email@example.com